2017 International Electrostatic Discharge Workshop
AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Congratulations on the recent acceptance of your peer-reviewed poster to the 2017 International ESD Workshop. As TPC Chairman, I would like to inform you on the guidelines and deadlines for a successful Workshop.
Deadlines for poster & presentation:
- First draft to mentor & TPC chair & AV chair March 24, 2017
- Feedback from mentors March 31, 2017
- Final version to mentor & TPC chair & AV chair April 10, 2017
Each presenting poster author must provide the following:
- A teaser presentation in PowerPoint format (IEW2017_Teaser_Template.ppt )
5 slides maximum for a 6 minute podium presentation at the Workshop.
- A poster in PowerPoint format (IEW2017_Poster_Template.ppt )
24 slides maximum, including
- Slide 1 - Title slide including contact information
- Slide 2 - Bio slide of presenting author only
- Slide 3 - 200 word abstract
- Slide 4 up to 22 max - body of poster
- Next-to-last Slide - Conclusions
- Last slide – References (and, optionally acknowledgements)
Please provide your poster in 2 formats
- A color PPT file for the IEW Handout and electronic media file (drafts and final due dates above)
- A color printout of your poster for the Workshop (1 slide / page; bring with you to the conference)
Please carefully review the author guidelines and instructions for both teaser and poster in the templates above, since they include useful tips that will help with the preparation.
Notes on the ‘Teaser’ Presentation Each poster session will be preceded by a podium presentation of 6 minutes max presented by the poster authors. For this purpose please prepare a short presentation of 5 slides maximum including the title page. These short presentations are meant to generate interest in the poster and guide the audience in selecting the posters they would like to see. Highlight your main ideas and do not try to provide detailed technical information within the 6 minutes. Practice your teaser presentation with a stopwatch to make sure it can be done in 6 minutes.
Bring with you to IEW
- A paper print-out of your poster presentation in color– for mounting on the poster board.
- The printed version of your poster should be identical to the handout and electronic media version .
Note that your mentor is available for technical discussions as well as format review. The workshop AV chairs will support you on formatting your slides. If for any reason you are not able to meet these requirements or will not be able to attend the Workshop please let us know as soon as possible.