EOS/ESD Association, Inc. offers a professional certification for ESD control program managers. This program is intended for individuals who are involved in designing, implementing, managing, and auditing ESD control programs in their facilities.
Professionals share credentials online in today’s digital world. Paper certificates do not afford the same benefit. EOS/ESD Association, Inc. is using Credly™ to provide our certified Program Managers with digital badge credentials that complement the current certificates and cards administered annually upon certification renewal.
- You stayed competitive and demonstrated skill now show it off.
- Your free Program manager certification digital badge provides a way for you to show your verified knowledge and expertise.
- Traditional forms of professional recognition, namely paper certificates, are not the best way to communicate your earned credentials.
- Digital credentials (badges) act as a way to recognize professional achievements.
- A digital badge allows earners to share with whomever they choose on social networks, e-mail signatures, and websites.
- Demonstrates knowledge, experience, and competency.
- Encourages self-development and continuing education.
- A check mark in the "plus" column in performance reviews, career advancement, and new employment opportunities.
Employers & Industry
- Helps raise the overall competency level of the entire ESD control field.
- Provides a means to assess the qualifications of personnel hired to work in static control.
- Helps assure that the industry has properly trained and qualified personnel helping solve ESD control problems.
- Helps prepare companies for ISO 9000 audits if professional certification is part of a company's formal program.
- Improves seller-buyer relationships through better communication with fewer misunderstandings.
To obtain certification, you must initiate an official file in your name at EOS/ESD Association, Inc. headquarters. Please complete the PDF registration form and send it with a $50 payment. Register Online
Complete Prerequisite Courses
The courses are listed in the next section 'Courses'. To view course abstracts please visit https://www.esda.org/training-and-education/esda-tutorials/
Pass An In-Depth Examination
The examination is held annually during Symposium week. The examination consists of multiple choice and essay questions. The essay portion of the exam will be graded by two individuals. The examination is open book. You may bring any reference materials, including, but not limited to, books, standards, and tutorial notes. You may also bring a calculator and computer. No cell phones, internet connections or sharing of reference materials is allowed.
The examination is also administered online. Please contact us for more information/availability.
Note: If passing criteria is not met for one or more sections, you will need to attend the applicable tutorials before retaking the exam.
How do I pay?
Purchase options for your organization:
Issue a Corporate PO, receive Invoice from EOS/ESD Association, Inc., execute payment
Individual Pay-complete personal purchase, receive receipt, request invoice from EOS/ESD Association, Inc., submit to company for reimbursement
Bundle PO or Invoice - Bundle multiple items for a corporate PO or purchase. Ask EOS/ESD Association, Inc. for an invoice form multiple attendees, memberships, standards, any of our products or service to process one time inside your company
The courses listed below are in the preferred tutorial sequence for the Program Manager Curriculum. The recommended sequence is developed to facilitate a better understanding of the course materials, caution should be taken to begin with FC100 and FC101 and finish the program with DD/FC380 and FC340.
ESD Basics for the Program Manager (full-day) Available Online
How To's of In-Plant ESD Auditing (or Survey) and Evaluation Measurements (full-day) Available Online
Cleanroom Considerations for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
Ionization Issues and Answers for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
FC140 (new) DD/FC130 (Previous)
FC140 System Level for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
(Previous) DD/FC130 System Level ESD/EMI: Testing to IEC and Other Standards (half-day) Available Online
Packaging Principles for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
ESD Standards Overview for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
FC220 (New) FC215 (Previous)
FC220 (New) Device Technology and Failure Analysis Overview for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
(Previous) FC215 Device Technology and FA Overview
Electrostatic Calculations for the Program Manager (half-day) Available Online
ESD Program Development & Assessment (ANSI/ESD S20.20 Seminar) (2-days)
Continuing Education & Renewal
To maintain certification, an annual renewal fee of $100 is required, along with the completion of 6 professional education units as indicated in the renewal form, emailed annually.
How To Register
There is an official registration filing fee of $50.00 that must be completed and submitted to EOS/ESDA Association, Inc.